Become a Healthwatch Central Bedfordshire Enter and View Volunteer
What is the purpose of the role?
Visit services such as GP surgeries, residential & nursing homes and dentists to talk to people and find out what they think about the care and support they receive.
What will I be doing?
As a Healthwatch Enter and View volunteer you will be asked to:
- Attend Healthwatch Enter & View training
- Go into health and social care services with the Enter & View lead and a small team of volunteers
- Observe care being delivered
- Listen to patients’ and carers’ views about the care and support they receive, and to staff and visitors
- Keep a record of your conversations and observations
This is an important and exciting role that will give a voice to some of our community’s most vulnerable people.
What personal qualities do I need?
- Good listening skills and confidence to speak to people
- Ability to write accurate records of people’s experiences of care
- Ability to work well in a team
- Passion for improving local health and social care services
- Respectful of all people from all backgrounds
What’s in it for me?
- The opportunity to bring about real and positive change in your community
- The opportunity to make sure the views of vulnerable people are heard and acted upon in local health and social care
- Dedicated training
- Ongoing support
How much time and when?
The days and amount of time you give is flexible as Enter & View visits will take place at different times and on different days.
For an application pack or if you have any questions about the role please contact Dee Dillistone on 0300 303 8554 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org