All our current vacancies can be found below:
Assistant Engagement & Volunteer Co-ordinator
Salary: c£19,985.00 per annum, pro rata (9059.87) plus contributory Pension
Location: Wrest Park, Silsoe, Bedfordshire (with frequent travel throughout Bedfordshire)
Contract: Fixed term until March 2020 part – time, 17 hours per week
Healthwatch Central Bedfordshire is the local consumer champion promoting choice and influencing the provision of high quality health, social care and wellbeing services for all across Central Bedfordshire.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced, outgoing, pro-active, Assistant Engagement & Volunteer Co-ordinator to help develop, design and maintain high quality and effective community engagement activities and to co-ordinate Healthwatch Central Bedfordshire’s volunteers, with a focus on young volunteers, which includes recruitment, on-going support, training and involvement in community engagement activities.
The successful candidate will need to have sufficient experience of working with the public on a programme of engagement or consultation and event management; demonstrable success in planning, organising and delivering a range of community engagement activities, campaigns and events and demonstrable experience of working and supporting a team of volunteers, including recruitment and training, and experience of working or volunteering in a voluntary organisation or community group.
Click HERE to download the Job Advert, Job Description & Person Specification.
For an application pack, please email email@example.com, stating the position you are enquiring about.
Healthwatch Central Bedfordshire is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sectors of society.
Become a Healthwatch Central Bedfordshire Enter and View Volunteer
What is the purpose of the role?
Visit services such as GP surgeries, residential & nursing homes and dentists to talk to people and find out what they think about the care and support they receive.
What will I be doing?
As a Healthwatch Enter and View volunteer you will be asked to:
- Attend Healthwatch Enter & View training
- Go into health and social care services with the Enter & View lead and a small team of volunteers
- Observe care being delivered
- Listen to patients’ and carers’ views about the care and support they receive, and to staff and visitors
- Keep a record of your conversations and observations
This is an important and exciting role that will give a voice to some of our community’s most vulnerable people.
What personal qualities do I need?
- Good listening skills and confidence to speak to people
- Ability to write accurate records of people’s experiences of care
- Ability to work well in a team
- Passion for improving local health and social care services
- Respectful of all people from all backgrounds
What’s in it for me?
- The opportunity to bring about real and positive change in your community
- The opportunity to make sure the views of vulnerable people are heard and acted upon in local health and social care
- Dedicated training
- Ongoing support
How much time and when?
The days and amount of time you give is flexible as Enter & View visits will take place at different times and on different days.
For an application pack or if you have any questions about the role please contact Dee Dillistone on 0300 303 8554 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org