Are you passionate about Health and Social Care?
Volunteers are at the heart of everything we do, from talking to people about their experiences of local health and social care services and helping at our community outreach events.
The volunteers for Healthwatch Central Bedfordshire play a vital role in helping to ensure local people have a say in important decisions about their health and social care services.
Healthwatch Central Bedfordshire train and support local volunteers, and representatives of service users, to participate effectively in the commissioning and management of local services.
We need you!
We are always keen to involve people interested in volunteering with us and there are a variety of ways you can help. There are lots of different volunteering roles to choose from, such as :
- Healthwatch representatives – attend meetings, speak on behalf of the organisation
- Healthwatch on the road – join us across Central Bedfordshire as we talk to people about their experiences on our Just Ask bus and at Listening events
- Healthwatch Enter & View – train to become an authorised representative to visit publicly funded health and social care services in Central Bedfordshire
- Healthwatch Headquarters – help us with back office support, including preparation for events and surveys
We welcome volunteers of all ages and backgrounds from across Central Bedfordshire. For some volunteer roles we need you to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. This is free for volunteers. Volunteering is flexible, so you can talk to us about how much time you want to give.
Why volunteer for us?
Our volunteers come from all walks of life, from students to retired health and social care professionals. The most important thing is that you are interested in improving health and social care services for the people of Central Bedfordshire. There are many benefits to volunteering with us. They include:
- Meeting new people and finding out about their experiences
- Having fun volunteering whilst helping improve health and care services
- Building your confidence
- Gaining new skills that boost your CV
We will give you all the training and support you’ll need and we will pay for your out of pocket expenses.
Get in touch
Our Engagement and Volunteer Coordinator, Dee Dillistone, will be happy to answer any questions you may have…
Just give her a call on 0300 303 8554
Email Dee at at email@example.com
or click on the ‘Volunteer with us’ button at the top of the page.