Chat Together is Bowel Cancer UK’s free online support group for people living with and beyond bowel cancer. It’s a welcoming place to talk to others with bowel cancer and to meet new people. It’s a chance to share experiences in a safe, supportive and informal environment.
Chat Together is a chance to virtually get together and support each other from the comfort of your own home at this time of isolation. You just need a smartphone, tablet or computer with an internet connection and somewhere quiet to sit.
100% of patients found the service helpful and 100% felt better connected following their chat group. 88% of patients could cope better after the chats.
‘Chat Together has given me the opportunity to meet with people in a similar situation to mine, who understand what I’m going through. It’s a safe space where we can share our ups and downs. I’ve met a great bunch of people and it’s been a real lifeline!’
What you can expect
- Chats take place once a week, via Zoom, over an eight week period.
- Choose between two Chat Together groups starting on:
Tuesday 26 January 7-8pm OR Wednesday 27 January 1-2pm
Bowel Cancer UK is hosting a programme of chats throughout 2021 so if these dates don’t suit, please register your interest and they’ll be in touch.
- Chats are hosted by Bowel Cancer UK staff and their trained volunteers who’ve had bowel cancer themselves
How to sign up
Bowel cancer patients can join Chat Together by registering on the website via this link:
If you have any questions about Chat Together, you can get in touch by emailing Sarah Wix, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bowel Cancer UK is here for you
If you’re not able to join the Chat Together sessions, there are other ways you can find help and support:
- Visit the online community – a place for anyone affected by bowel cancer to talk about their experiences, share their knowledge and support each other.
- Download free publications that are full of expert information.
- Read support, guidance and information on coronavirus and bowel cancer
- Contact Bowel Cancer UK nurses with any questions or concerns about bowel cancer
- Read Real Life Stories of people affected by the disease.