Dementia Adventure Family Carers Event – Dunstable
Tuesday, 30, July 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Are you a family carer or supporting someone living with dementia? Do you want to know more?
Dementia Adventure are running a series of Family Carers Events. These free events are designed for family carers, informal carers or others supporting people living with dementia.
Friendly, safe environment, only 20 spaces available, refreshments will be provided.
At this seminar you will:
- Think differently about dementia, understanding it, including common symptoms
- Continue to see the person – not the condition
- Receive strategies to overcome communication barriers
- Learn how to connect with your loved one using practical tips
- Learn the benefits of contact with nature and the outdoors
- Network with local support organisations and other family carers
- Have the opportunity to ask individual questions
- Receive a copy of our highly informative training pack
Feedback from previous events:
‘This course will help me to encourage people to do what they love doing and promote independence’
‘Wish it was longer – would love to learn more, 11 years of training this was the best’
‘Wonderful to spend the day with people who are so positive about dementia. I have been so inspired by the day. Thank you!’
‘Really inspired….. A great day of sharing ideas: the room was buzzing’