Dunstable Asda kicked off the Just Ask season on Friday 17th May.
Six organisations joined Healthwatch Central Bedfordshire, including Age UK Bedfordshire, Minds2Gether, Disability Resource Centre and Central Bedfordshire Council’s Housing Engagement team, to provide information and advice to over 200 visitors.
There were a number of key themes on the day including:
- Mental Health – people wanted more investment in services that are less about medication and more about the whole person
- GP appointments – people were struggling to secure timely appointments
- Limited bus services in rural areas at the weekend
People were looking for information on:
- Accessible transport
- Help with complaining about a service
- Particular cancers and support from Macmillan
- Diabetes care
- Managing finances
We look forward to continuing the season – Sandy next on Friday, 14th June.