Information and advice available from Central Bedfordshire Council

A Local Offer gives children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities and their families information about what support services the local authority think will be available in their local area.

Every local authority is responsible for writing a Local Offer and making sure it is available for everyone to see.

The Local Offer for Central Bedfordshire will include information on services that are available to support children and young people with Special Educations Needs and/or Disability (SEND) from birth to 25 including:

  • Education services (Early Years providers, schools, colleges and training)
  • Health services
  • Social care services
  • eligibility for specialist services
  • how to obtain an education, health and care plan and the process
  • preparing for adulthood
  • leisure and recreation opportunities
  • arrangements for transport and travel
  • sources of information and support in the area
  • child care, including suitable provision for disabled children and those with SEN
  • arrangements for resolving disagreements and mediation and how to make a complaint

Visit the Central Bedfordshire Council website for more information.