The CQC has published a new report which shows the findings from their inspection programme of independent ambulance services in England.
The programme was completed in March 2018 and involved inspections of independent ambulance service providers registered with CQC at the end of December 2016.
Key findings from the report:
- the quality and safety of independent ambulance services varies greatly
- many services inspected had a poor understanding of governance
- many providers offered either no or very limited staff training
- the standard of medicines management was not consistent
- there was some good practice in infection control and vehicle maintenance
To read more on their findings, please click here.