GamCare is for anyone affected by problem gambling across England, Scotland and Wales. They offer a wide range of free, flexible and confidential support to those affected by problem gambling, through clinical assessments and evidence-based treatment, plus relapse prevention support.
Last year, GamCare supported more than 9,000 people through their independent charity and received around 30,000 calls to their Freephone helpline. GamCare are the leading provider of information, advice and support treatment services.
Their team in Hertfordshire can support people based in Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire to change their relationship with gambling and improve their quality of life through face to face, online and telephone therapeutic interventions. There is no wrong door to accessing their treatment services – clients can refer themselves, or an organisation like Healthwatch can do this on their behalf.
GamCare can offer:
- One to one telephone and live chat support, including brief interventions, through the National Gambling HelpLine on Freephone 0808 8020 133 or via www.gamcare.org.uk (available 24-hours a day).
- One-to one face-to-face, online and telephone therapeutic support and treatment for people with gambling problems as well as family and friends who are impacted by gambling.
- Group based Gambling Recovery Courses delivered face to face or online for between six to eight weeks.
- Guided online treatment modules for gamblers which can be accessed at a time and place convenient for the client over the course of eight weeks, with additional telephone support from a GamCare practitioner.
- Relapse Prevention support groups.
- Self-help resources for people who would like to change their relationship with gambling, available to download via our website.
- A moderated online Forum and daily online group chatrooms to enable those affected by gambling problems to connect with others in similar situations, share their experience and support one another.
If you have any questions or would like to talk through some of these options, you can contact your local team on 01438 487003 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.