The government has published proposals to improve mental health support for children and young people in England, and is asking people for their feedback on measures including:
- Ecouraging every school and college to have a ‘designated senior mental health lead’
- Setting up mental health support teams working with schools, to give children and young people earlier access to services
- Piloting a 4-week waiting time for NHS children and young people’s mental health services
- A new working group to look at mental health support for 16 to 25-year-olds
- A report by the Chief Medical Officer on the impact that technology has on children and young people’s mental health, to be produced in 2018.
The consultation on the green paper will run for 13 weeks until 2 March 2018.
Click HERE to leave your feedback