The government has published proposals to improve mental health support for children and young people in England, and is asking people for their feedback on measures including:
- Ecouraging every school and college to have a ‘designated senior mental health lead’
- Setting up mental health support teams working with schools, to give children and young people earlier access to services
- Piloting a 4-week waiting time for NHS children and young people’s mental health services
- A new working group to look at mental health support for 16 to 25-year-olds
- A report by the Chief Medical Officer on the impact that technology has on children and young people’s mental health, to be produced in 2018.
The consultation runs until 2 March 2018.
Click HERE to leave your feedback